If you are looking at extending your property, why not invest in an architect? Find out how much a professional architect can positively affect your extension plans and give you a beautifully designed home extension.
The decision to extend your property is a huge one, there is planning permission to apply for, builders to work with and extension plans to create. And those are small decisions to make compared to those that decide the look and style of your extension, or the decision to extend sideways, upwards or even downwards.
It can seem like a never-ending circle of decision making so that you can add extra square feet to your property.
There is, however, a solution; have an architect draw up your extension plans.
What is an architect?
An architect is a person who not only draws up building plans, for both commercial and residential properties but who also supervises the construction of those architectural plans.
Why should I hire an architect?
There are many reasons to hire an architect for your extension plans, here are a few;
- Creative designers – Many architects live for design. They can help you create the perfect extension regardless of space or type of expansion required.
- Material knowledge – An architect can help you decide on the best materials to use for your extension.
- Industry standard extension plans – Plans drawn up to your needs that are easily recognised by both builders and anyone else involved in the construction of your extension.
- Project management – An Architect will not only draw up your extension plans but will also supervise the build of your property from beginning to end.
- Knowledge of planning permissions – Your architect will be able to tell you if planning permission is needed for your extension, and if so, they will also be able to guide you through the process of obtaining the necessary planning permission in a straightforward and easy to understand way.
- Health and safety compliant – Hiring an architect will ensure your extension is safe for both you and your contractors, giving you peace of mind.
- Efficient, space-saving floorplans – Every architect extension plan drawn up will give you the most amount of space possible.
Architects are highly skilled individuals who can create amazing designs, correctly measured to fit any sizes required.
So, if you have limited space available, but are still looking to extend your property, an architect can provide you with a detailed extension plan, which will give you the maximum amount of utilisable space no matter the area size.
Making an architect the perfect person to hire when you are looking at designing your dream extension.
An architect is a great investment; they can help provide you with years of experience, design skills, and industry knowledge.
So, the biggest question you must ask yourself regarding your new extension is, why wouldn’t you want to hire someone who can not only give you a new extension that will be the talk of your neighbourhood, but will take away some of the stress that comes with extending your property?